Koenigsegg has officially shared all the details of their new One:1 hypercar with us, following a teaser a few weeks ago. The list of highlights is endless and shows achievement after achievement. The new One:1 is limited to six customer cars and one test car and celebrates 20 years of Koenigsegg car building.
The hp to kg curb weight ratio is an astonishing 1:1. These are the reason for naming the car One:1. The One:1 features new and unique solutions to enhance track perfomance without compromising top speed or everyday usability. Examples of features; unique track optimized aero winglets, extended venturi tunnels and side splitters, Le-Mans inspired active wing configuration and optimized active undertrim air management.
Large air vents for improved cooling, roof air scoop to support the 1 Megawatt of power. 8,250 rpm rev limit, complimented with Custom made Michelin Cup Tires, upgrade rear triplex suspension with carbon bevel springs and active shock absorbers and ride height, combined with upgraded Koenigsegg Aircore carbon fiber wheels.
The One:1 runs on E85 biofuel, Racefuel or normal Petrol. In order to give the One:1 maximum flexibility when it comes to power delivery, Koenigsegg has implemented its patented variable turbo geometry technology in the One:1 Program. This technology gives improved response and more low end torque than otherwise possible. As an example the One:1 engine has over 1,000 Nm of torque between 3,000 to 7,500 rpm, which is truly unheard of. Maximum torque is 1,371 Nm at 6,000 rpm. The total power output is 1 megawatt (1,340hp) at 7,500 rpm.
Top Speed has not been a priority, as the One:1 is a track focused car – however, the One:1 is anticipated to be, the world’s fastest homologated production car, with a simulated top speed of > 440 km/h, due to high power and high rpm capability in combination with strong tires and active aero. The 0 – 400 km/h time is approximately 20 seconds, and 400 – 0 km/h is done in 10 seconds.
Let’s sum up some of the highlights:
- Worlds first 1:1 (One:1) power to curb weight ratio homologated production car (kg/hp)
- World’s first Megacar – 1 Megawatt of power homologated production car
- 2G cornering capability on road legal production cup tires
- 610 kg down force at 260 km/h (160 mph) utilizing advanced active under and over body aerodynamics
- Chassis with active ride height and shock absorbing including variable stiffness spring ratios
- Fully active aero with independent left and right front flaps under front splitter and hydraulically actuated top mounted dual plane rear wing
- 3G and GPS controlled Predictive Active Chassis and Aero Track Mode
- 20% lighter carbon chassis and body due to implementation of M46J & M55J high modulus fibers
- 3D-VGT – Koenigsegg patented 3D printed variable turbo housing – gives improved response and bottom end torque
- 3G connection for telemetry, performance, lap times and software upgrades, including owners iPhone app
- New Koenigsegg developed carbon fiber ventilated memory foam racing seats
- 3D printed titanium exhaust end piece saves 400 grams compared to Aluminium counterpart
- Active noise canceling seat option
Option list of the Koenigsegg One:1 includes the following options; one piece racing bucket seats, active shock absorber settings, full clear carbon body, custom body striping, upgraded audio system, painted calipers, personalized logo on rear hood, anodized black aluminium interior, custom leather One:1 custom luggage set, custom diamond encrusted key, titanium exhaust outlet, active noise cancellation, 3G telematics system, and variable turbo geometry.
To give you some more indepth look into the aerodynamics and the dynamic track mode system, we have included these images showing more information:
The Koenigsegg One:1 makes its public debut on Tuesday at the Geneva Motor Show. All cars are sold out. Stay tuned for the first live photos!