After spending a fortune on your luxury car, you want it to be in pristine condition whenever you hit the road. You don’t want to spin a ride full of stains and scratches caused by poor cleaning techniques. If you own a Lamborghini or any other high-end car, we will show you how to achieve that showroom finish and “wow” everyone you zoom by. But before that, let’s see why a traditional car wash is definitely a bad idea.
The Problem With Traditional Car Washes
Your ride will inevitably get dirty, no matter how cautious you are. It’s tempting to think that a quick visit to the local car wash will make your car sparkle. But a conventional car wash can do more harm than good. Your best bet is to use a steam cleaner for cars. Here are a few problems with a traditional car wash methods:
● Scratches - Scratches are one of the greatest threats to the polished appearance of your ride. Forget about someone dragging a key across your car door or being involved in a parking lot accident—self-serve car washes are the number one culprit for scratches. Every car that passes through an automatic car wash leaves behind debris and grit on the brushes. This makes the brush function almost like sandpaper. Even well-kept car washes won't be good enough if you want to avoid swirl marks and scratches on your finish.
● Water Pressure - High water pressure from a touchless car wash can damage the paint of your posh ride. If your ride has a chip in the paint, the high-pressure streams will enlarge it, causing additional problems. The high pressure may also push dirt into your paint, leading to scratches.
● Harmful Chemicals - The reality is that you have no control over the chemicals used in an automatic car wash. Some car wash businesses use acid to get rid of grime from your vehicle. Yet, the acid removes the protective wax, harms the paint and eats into the metal. Use of such harsh chemicals severely harms the appearance of your vehicle, and it may even lead to irreversible damage.
● Water Spots - A good number of car washes use unfiltered water, which leaves mineral deposits on the paint surface. If your vehicle isn't wiped down and dried properly after a wash, water spots will develop. These spots can become permanent, damage the paint, and ruin your vehicle’s fine finish.
Why a DIY Car Wash Isn’t Recommended
If automatic car washes are that risky, shouldn’t I just wash my car myself? The simple truth is that this is not advisable either. It takes a lot more than a bucket of lukewarm water and a sponge to give your ride that glossy look. Here’s why:
● You Need the Right Cleaners and Supplies - Using regular soaps and detergents may erode your car's shiny finish, leaving it looking dull. First, you’ll need an arsenal of high-end cleaning supplies, and then you’ll need to learn to use them correctly before even considering using them on your car. But with so many cleaning products available, it can be a bit of a minefield even knowing where to start.
● You May Rub Grit Into Paintwork - Professional hand wash cleaners know the right process of cleaning a car. When you do it yourself, you run the risk of rubbing grit into the paintwork, causing scratches. Even with the best sponges or milts, you can’t be sure you won’t inadvertently make a mistake.
● Wrong Timing - You may think that washing a car when the weather is really good will help it dry faster. Sadly, the worst time you can clean your car is when the sun is brightest. The hot sun causes the water to evaporate quickly before you can rinse it, leaving unsightly streak marks. These spots are hard to clean and can affect your ride’s paintwork in the long term.
Steam Cleaning: Best Solution for Both Car Interior and Exterior
If you want to keep the paintwork, trim, interiors, and wheels of your pride and joy looking brand new, steam cleaning is the way to go. Lamborghini powered steamers offer a revolutionary technology where a high-powered machine produces dry steam vapor to remove dirt, grime, grease, and even the most stubborn stains in record time. Thanks to its effectiveness, the car wash industry is quickly adopting this system, and luxury car owners are happy with the results. Here's how steam cleaning can keep your ride looking new and shiny.
● Exterior Paint - A car's surface has multiple pores, valleys, and crevices that trap dirt and grease. Steam cleaning will effortlessly pulverize and remove any foreign objects on your vehicle's surface, including dirt, fuel exhaust buildup, tree sap, bird poop, and grease.
● Upholstery and Leather Seats - There is nothing more irritating than a stain that you can’t remove on your car’s upholstery. Steam washing is built for these kinds of situations, allowing you to break up and remove any stubborn spots with ease. Whether your seat's material is leather, suede, or any other fabric, this technology is completely safe.
● Windows - Cloudy windows are not only a hazard, but they also indicate a lack of proper car care. A steam handgun is suitable for cleaning windows and mirrors. It also removes the film and any residue on your interior and exterior windows without leaving streaks.
● Dashboard and Cup Holder Area - With time, some residue will build up in your cup holders, dashboard, door jambs, and trims. With just a low-pressure setting, you can dislodge the dirt in any of those crevices that are hard to get into. Then, you'll only need a microfiber cloth to wipe the areas clean.
● Car Mats - Having trouble with the spills on your car mat or floor carpets? A steam wash will eliminate any stains and odors from your carpets and mats. And, it will take just a few minutes to dry.
● Tires and Rims - Wheels come into contact with everything from chemicals, mud, dirt and spilled oil, leaving them dirtier than other parts of the car. Steam cleaning dissolves the buildup in all the curves and hard-to-reach areas, leaving the wheels and rims looking showroom-ready.
● Engine Bay - The engine area is likely the dirtiest area of your car. Yet, using water to clean it can damage some sensitive parts. A steam cleaner uses hot vapor to safely remove contaminants, including dust, oil, and carbon, giving your engine compartment a like-new appearance.
Why You Should Start Steam Cleaning Your Luxury Ride
Steam cleaning offers multiple benefits over other car wash methods. Here are a few of them:
● Fewer Chemicals - Steam cleaning doesn’t depend on chemicals to dislodge dirt. The hot steam does get the job done on its own. It also doesn’t leave toxic residue on surfaces, protecting the delicate parts of your posh ride.
● A Cleaner, Fresher Interior- Steam cleaning eliminates odors from smoke, spills and pet stains and gets to hard-to-reach areas done in record time.
● Eco-Friendly - This technology utilizes far less water to clean an entire vehicle, and you don't have to worry about using cleaning solutions that harm the environment.
● Fast and Safe Cleaning - You don't need to spend hours at the car wash to get a truly detailed finish. This technology gets the job done fast and effectively without compromising the paint’s reflectivity and brilliance.
Go for Steam Cleaning the Next Time You Need to Wash Your Luxury Ride
If you want your classy ride to have a polished and mirror-like appearance, work with a steam cleaning specialist. This new technology is perfect for breaking down and removing all dirt, grease, oil, and stains. If you own a Lamborghini, start using Lamborghini powered steamers for the best results. Your high-end car’s interior and exterior will always look fresh and new.